HOME > Admissions > Undergraduate & Graduate Programs

Undergraduate & Graduate Programs

Undergraduate Programs

Students who complete regular undergraduate courses will be awarded a Bachelor's degree from the relevant faculty/school of study. Students wishing to enroll in regular undergraduate courses should refer to the entrance examination information webpage.

Undergraduate courses are taught in Japanese.

International applicants, who apply to the undergraduate programs at NU, are required to submit the score of the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Student (EJU). EJU is used to evaluate whether international students possess the Japanese language skills and the basic academic abilities needed to study at NU. EJU requirements differ by department. This examination is in June and November. For further information, please refer to the Application Guidebook (学生募集要項), which is available in the admission information webpage*

*The admission information web page is in Japanese only.

EJU website: https://www.jasso.go.jp/en/eju/index.html

Graduate Programs

Students who complete regular graduate courses will be awarded a Master's degree or Doctoral degree from the relevant graduate school of study. Students wishing to enroll in regular graduate courses should refer to the entrance examination information from the list below.

Graduate / Research student

Before Application

For the purpose of a degree



Application as research student

>>See [Application Details]

Informal consent from the desired supervisor



Find your supervisor

>>See [To Find a Supervisor]

Application to graduate school

>>See [Application Details]

Application Details

Please contact the appropriate graduate school.


Application Period Entrance Examination
Application period varies depending on graduate school. Determined by the graduate school.


Status Examination Fee Admission Fee Tuition
Graduate student 30,000 JPY 282,000 JPY 535,800 JPY/year
Research student 9,800 JPY 84,600 JPY 29,700 JPY/month

To Find a Supervisor

1.Conduct a search using the “Comprehensive Database of Researchers”
2.Contact the faculty member
Once you have identif ied a potential supervisor, you should contact him/her by email.
Please include the following information in your email.
  • Your name
  • Academic background
  • Your intention to apply to the program
  • How their research f its with your interests
  • If you have funding, let them know the course, amount, and duration
  • Attach your CV and current transcripts
  • PLEASE CC (carbon copy), ryugaku_shien@ml.nagasaki-u.ac.jp
Program Name Master/Doctoral Degree Programs in English Admission Information Contact
(please change * to @)
Global Humanities and Social Sciences M N/A (in English) hss_gakumu*ml.nagasaki-u.ac.jp
Education Professional Degree N/A (in English) edu_gakumu*ml.nagasaki-u.ac.jp
Economics M, D N/A Masters : (in English)
Doctoral : (in English)
Engineering M, D Civil Engineering(M,D), Water and Environmental Engineering (M,D) (in English) seisan_daigakuin*ml.nagasaki-u.ac.jp
Biomedical Sciences M, D Disaster and Radiation Medical Sciences(M), Infection Research (D), Priority Graduate Program(Pharmaceutical Sciences)(M/D), (in English) dai_med*ml.nagasaki-u.ac.jp
Fisheries and Environmental Sciences M, D N/A (in English) sui_gakumu*ml.nagasaki-u.ac.jp
Tropical Medicine and Global Health M, D Global Health (M,D), NU-LSHTM Joint PhD Degree Programme for Global Health (D) (in English) tmgh_jimu*ml.nagasaki-u.ac.jp
Doctor of Public Health D Doctor of Public Health(D) (in English) iiph*ml.nagasaki-u.ac.jp


Please visit the Center for Japanese Language and Student Exchange website that provides usuful information for the international students!.